Kilnbridge has considerable experience in delivering complex projects which require multi-disciplinary expertise and project management skills.
These projects are within safety and structure critical environments and demand a more engineered input to assist our clients in ensuring that the safest and most effective solution is adopted.
Kilnbridge facilitates this with our in-house Engineering Design team which can undertake all items of temporary works design and CAT 3 checks, from basic timber shutters to large-scale high-rise construction methods and structural alteration schemes. Our Engineering department uses the latest software and modelling hardware to not only provide sites with front-end design but also assist with full 3D as-built surveys and real-time monitoring of structures when required.
The design works we carry out include:
- Formwork, falsework, scaffolding and access design
- Trenchless construction, including headings, thrust bores and mini tunnels
- Basement excavation shoring and retaining walls
- Working platforms for cranes and piling rigs
- Tower crane bases and tie supports
- Construction and accommodation gantries
- Façade retention, bridge erection and jacking schemes
- Temporary stability systems
- Needling, underpinning and propping of structures
- Demolition and construction sequencing
- Complex structural steelwork and precast concrete erection schemes
- Structural and slope stability inspections, appraisals and reports
- Value engineering and monitoring system design
- Steel, concrete, precast concrete and hybrid construction detailing
Kilnbridge are Level 2 BIM compliant in line with the Government 2016 mandate as verified by BSI. We have a dedicated team of BIM Design Technicians who can analyse and detail structures with 3D models, 4D rendered walkthrough simulations and planning and 5D cost details. They provide our projects with valuable, real-time information and analysis and can produce designs that are co-ordinated and clash free in accordance to PAS1192 and BS11292.
Kilnbridge is BIM neutral allowing interoperability between all platforms ensuring the capability to deliver models in any software our clients are using. The team can produce models that assist our site teams with designing formwork and falsework schemes and incorporating temporary works design whilst providing take off quantities and measurements for the commercial team. The models can be re-integrated into the project design model to be utilised and adapted, assisting the full life cycle of design and build.
Kilnbridge are beginning to use tablets on site with the implementation of the Autodesk BIM360 Docs as our common data environment (CDE) and BIM360 Field management software, providing a fully collaborative capability from design through to construction. This ensures that Kilnbridge can complete projects with improved efficiency, underlined by timely access to the latest information and report generation.